Analyzing the Future for Zircaloy
The Ux Consulting Company (UxC), a global leader in nuclear market information services and consulting, is pleased to present the fourth edition in its report series Nuclear Zirconium Alloy Market. The initial report, published in November 2008, was intended to be a one-of-a-kind snapshot of the then-contemporary zirconium alloy industry. However, the highly favorable response to that original report and subsequent report updates convinced us that there is an ongoing need and desire for current information and analysis on this important topic. Thus, we have added the Nuclear Zirconium Alloy Market to our list of periodic reports, and our latest findings and conclusions are presented in this new March 2013 edition.
This updated report offers UxC’s latest analysis of the various sectors that make up the nuclear-grade zirconium sponge, alloy, materials, and tubing markets. Using proprietary demand modeling and other unique research results, we identify the latest major trends in this industry by analyzing the global and regional supply and demand balances for nuclear-grade zirconium alloy and tubing.
Nuclear-grade zirconium alloys and products are used in the fabrication of fuel assemblies used in the vast majority of current and future nuclear reactor designs around the world. As global nuclear reactor growth continues, many questions about the international nuclear supply chain have arisen. The supply of nuclear-grade zirconium – from zircon mineral sand through the cladding and components used in finished fuel assemblies – has also not escaped this scrutiny. Therefore, the primary objective of this report is to factually and analytically approach the current and expected future direction of the nuclear-grade zirconium market to help formulate clear conclusions about how producers of fuel assemblies for nuclear reactors will obtain necessary zirconium for their finished products.
What’s New in the 2013 Edition?
This 2013 edition of UxC’s Nuclear Zirconium Alloy Market report includes the following new elements:
- Enhanced analysis of the latest zirconium minerals market trends, including assessment of the recent collapse in prices for zircon raw materials and the resulting impacts on the nuclear zirconium alloy market
- Increased analysis of the nuclear zirconium alloy production cycle and the technologies deployed in this industry
- Updated supply capacities and production data for all producers in the nuclear-grade zirconium supply chain
- Post-Fukushima updated nuclear reactor and zirconium demand forecasts
- New supply forecast for nuclear-grade zirconium sponge as well as updates to our nuclear zirconium alloy and tubing supply vs. demand forecasts
- Updated nuclear-grade zirconium sponge and alloy market price information and analysis
- Improved discussion on the design of BWR and PWR fuel assemblies, the zirconium alloy components of which they are constructed, and the fuel fabrication process
What is Included in this Report?
Separate chapters are as follows:
General Zirconium Overview provides a broad summary of the zirconium mineral occurrence, resource base, and industrial applications, including the role of zirconium alloy production for the nuclear fuel industry. This helps put the specific nuclear zirconium market analysis in perspective.
Manufacturing Processes for Nuclear Fuel Cladding discusses the manufacturing processes and the overall “zirconium cycle” for production of the materials and components used in nuclear fuel assemblies.
Nuclear Zirconium Alloy Materials & Product Suppliersoffers updated descriptions of each company involved in nuclear-grade zirconium alloy materials and product supply. This includes all firms in the world involved in zirconium sponge and alloy production and processing through manufacture of tube-reduced extrusions (TREX), as well as separate tubing manufacture.
Nuclear Fuel Fabricators & Zircaloy Tubing Supply provides a review of the nuclear fuel fabrication business and processes while indicating where fabricators acquire their zirconium fuel assembly components.
Nuclear Zirconium Supply & Demand Analysis offers UxC’s proprietary data and analysis of the global supply and demand balance for nuclear fuel-related zirconium sponge, alloy, and products. In addition, this chapter includes regional breakdowns as well as supply and demand analysis based on the different global reactor fuel types.
Overall Conclusions & Market Analysis completes our nuclear-grade zirconium market analysis with final thoughts on future market trends and expectations for price developments.
- Full standard price: US$4,000.00
- UxC Market Report Customers: US$3,500.00 (must be a subscriber to one of UxC’s Market Outlook report packages – UMO/CMO/EMO/FMO)
- Repeat Customers: US$3,500.00 (a special discounted price is available for customers of previous editions of UxC’s Nuclear Zirconium Alloy Market reports)
UxC’s 2013 Nuclear Grade Zirconium Alloy Market Outlook report is available for immediate purchase.
Please see our product flier and the table of contents
in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
An online order form is now available.