Identifying Major Market Trends
The Ux Consulting Company (UxC) announces the publication of the fifth edition of a comprehensive annual report analyzing the entire global Nuclear Industry Value Chain (NIVC). This updated report includes 400 pages of detailed data and analysis of every aspect of the global nuclear markets with balanced perspectives on commercial and technical issues affecting all parts of the value chain.
Although the nuclear industry continues to be impacted by the fallout from the Fukushima accident in March 2011 as well as other shifts in the broader energy markets, such as the shale gas boom in the U.S., there are still many reasons for a continued expansion of global nuclear power. The key arguments for nuclear expansion include a world hungry for all forms of energy, increased concerns over greenhouse gas emissions, and a desire by countries to diversify their energy portfolios in the name of “energy security.” Now is the time to assess the prospects and future course of each of the market sectors in this growing, worldwide industry. Each market sector has its own unique characteristics, and this report provides the reader with all the necessary tools to start the process of understanding the opportunities and potential pitfalls within each sector.
Enhancements for this new 2014 edition include:
- Updated forecasts for global nuclear power through 2030
- Improvements to price and market size forecast modeling
- Analysis of how recent events are impacting the front-end fuel markets (e.g., end of the Megatons to Megawatts program, reduced demand after Fukushima, potential for Russian sanctions due to the Ukraine situation, increased enricher underfeeding, etc.)
- Reviews of each NSSS vendor’s prospects for securing new reactor project contracts
- Discussion of the potential implications of extending reactor lifetimes beyond 60 years (i.e., “Life After 60”) and the future capital spending profile for the existing reactor fleet
- Analysis of the how the decommissioning market has been affected by the post-Fukushima shifts in nuclear power
What is Included in this Report?
UxC’s 2014 Nuclear Industry Value Chain report includes updated research and analysis of all sectors in the nuclear industry, including the front-end fuel markets, the broader reactor sector, as well as the back-end of the fuel cycle.
There is no publicly distributed report currently available that provides such comprehensive coverage of the growing global nuclear marketplace. Separate chapters in the NIVC report include:
- Fuel fabrication
- New reactor construction
- Reactor operations & services
- Reactor capital upgrades
- Used fuel treatment, storage & disposal
- Radioactive waste management & disposal
- Decontamination & decommissioning
Each sector is analyzed individually on the basis of:
- Market overview
- Latest developments
- Key players
- Market shares
- Alliances & partnerships
- Supply & demand
- Pricing & profit margins
- Total market size
- Future market trends
- Forecasts through 2030
Why Purchase this Report?
Combining UxC’s decades of experience and knowledge of the nuclear industry, this report provides detailed data and information along with practical analysis for anyone considering entry or expansion in this dynamic nuclear marketplace.
The goal of the NIVC report is to examine the current status and future prospects (through 2030) for each sector comprising the entire "nuclear industry value chain," so as to support future decisions by investors, potential new entrants, and current participants in the global nuclear markets.
Whatever your position, it is in your interest to seriously explore the future of the nuclear industry, and the broader trends that will impact it going forward. Each market sector has its own unique characteristics, but this report gives you all the tools to start the process of understanding the opportunities and potential pitfalls within each sector.
UxC’s 2014 Nuclear Industry Value Chain special report is available for immediate purchase.
The standard price is US$5,000.00 payable upon receipt of invoice by check, credit card, or wire transfer. Discounts are available for existing customers of UxC's Market Outlook report products as well as customers of previous NIVC reports.
Please see our product flier and the table of contents for the full report
in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.