UxC, LLC (UxC), a global leader in nuclear market information services, market research, and analysis, is pleased to present the sixth edition in its report series Nuclear Zirconium Alloy Market. Since 2008, UxC has presented this report as an in-depth look at the contemporary nuclear zirconium alloy industry. The highly favorable response to each successive edition of this report has convinced us that there is an ongoing need and desire for current information and analysis on this important topic. Thus, we have added the Nuclear Zirconium Alloy Market to our list of periodic reports, and our latest findings and conclusions are presented in this new May 2017 edition.
Nuclear-grade zirconium alloys and products are used in the fabrication of fuel assemblies used in the vast majority of current and future nuclear reactor designs around the world. Even as the nuclear renaissance has been derailed in many countries by the Fukushima accident, many aspects of the international nuclear fuel supply chain continue to be of concern. The supply of nuclear-grade zirconium - from zircon mineral sand through the cladding and components used in finished fuel assemblies - has also not escaped this scrutiny. Therefore, the primary objective of this report is to factually and analytically approach the current and expected future direction of the nuclear-grade zirconium alloy market with the aim of reaching some clear conclusions about how producers of fuel assemblies for nuclear reactors will obtain the necessary zirconium alloys for their finished products.
This updated report offers UxC's latest analysis of the various sectors that make up the nuclear-grade zirconium sponge, alloy, materials, and tubing markets. Using proprietary demand modeling and other unique research results, we identify the latest major trends in this industry by analyzing the global and regional supply and demand balances for nuclear-grade zirconium sponge, alloy, and tubing as well as the supply and demand situation based on reactor fuel types.
What's New in the 2017 Edition?
This 2017 edition of UxC's Nuclear Zirconium Alloy Market report includes the following new elements:
- Enhanced analysis of the latest zirconium minerals market trends, including assessment of the drop in prices for zircon raw materials since 2012 and the resulting impacts on the nuclear zirconium alloy market
- Increased analysis of the nuclear zirconium alloy production cycle and the technologies deployed in this industry
- Updated supply capacities and production data for all producers in the nuclear-grade zirconium supply chain
- Post-Fukushima updated nuclear reactor and zirconium demand forecasts
- Updated supply forecasts with extended outlook through 2030 for each of the nuclear zirconium sponge, alloy, and tubing markets
- Updated nuclear-grade zirconium sponge and alloy market price information and analysis
- Improved discussion on the design of BWR and PWR fuel assemblies, the zirconium alloy components of which they are constructed, and the fuel fabrication process
- General Zirconium Overview provides a broad summary of the zirconium mineral occurrence, resource base, and industrial applications, including the role of zirconium alloy production for the nuclear fuel industry. This helps put the specific nuclear zirconium market analysis in perspective.
- Manufacturing Processes for Nuclear Fuel Cladding discusses the manufacturing processes and the overall "zirconium cycle" for production of the materials and components used in nuclear fuel assemblies.
- Nuclear Zirconium Alloy Materials & Product Suppliers offers updated descriptions of each company involved in nuclear-grade zirconium alloy materials and product supply. This includes all firms in the world involved in zirconium sponge and alloy production and processing through manufacture of tube-reduced extrusions (TREX), as well as separate tubing manufacture.
- Nuclear Fuel Fabricators & Zircaloy Tubing Supply provides a review of the nuclear fuel fabrication business and processes while indicating where fabricators acquire their zirconium fuel assembly components.
- Nuclear Zirconium Supply & Demand Analysis offers UxC's proprietary data and analysis of the global supply and demand balance for nuclear fuel-related zirconium sponge, alloy, and products. In addition, this chapter includes regional breakdowns as well as supply and demand analysis based on the different global reactor fuel types.
- Overall Conclusions & Market Analysis completes our nuclear-grade zirconium market analysis with final thoughts on future market trends and expectations for price developments.
- Full standard price: US$4,000.00
- UxC Market Report Customers: US$3,500.00 (must be a subscriber to one of UxC's Market Outlook report packages - UMO/CMO/EMO/FMO)
- Repeat Customers: US$3,500.00 (a special discounted price is available for customers of previous editions of UxC's Nuclear Zirconium Alloy Market reports)
- Special Package Offer with FMO: A discounted package price is available for customers who purchase UxC's Fabrication Market Outlook (FMO) report together with the Nuclear Zirconium Alloy Market.
UxC's 2017 Nuclear Grade Zirconium Alloy Market Outlook report is available for immediate purchase.
Please see our product flier and the table of contents
in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.