UxC's Jonathan Hinze, Executive Vice President, International, recently interviewed Dr. Hui Zhang, a respected Harvard University expert, regarding the current state and future prospects for China's nuclear energy program.
Dr. Zhang is a Senior Research Associate at the Project on Managing the Atom in the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs at Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government. Dr. Zhang has deep knowledge and insights into all aspects of China's nuclear energy program.
Key topics discussed during the interview include:
- China's ambitious plans for its domestic nuclear energy development
- China's commitment to long-term expansion of nuclear power
- Chinese companies expectation to utilize non-Chinese firms in order to accomplish domestic nuclear development
- China's positioning on the international nuclear export market
- China's rationale for nuclear exports at a time when it is building so many new reactors at home
- China's unique strengths and potential weaknesses as it relates to nuclear exports
- What can we expect from the Chinese nuclear industry in the coming year?
UxC Coverage of China
UxC prides itself in detailed analysis and close tracking of all the important developments related to China's nuclear power and fuel cycle program. UxC understands that there is no country more important today than China in determining the future trajectory of the global nuclear markets. Specific coverage of China can be found throughout UxC's standard and special reports. Examples include:
Nuclear Power Outlook: Regular tracking of China's nuclear reactor projects and forecasts to 2040
Uranium Market Outlook: Regular tracking and forecasts of China's uranium industry and market
Enrichment Market Outlook: Regular tracking and forecasts of China's enrichment industry and market
Nuclear Industry Value Chain: Forecasts for China's nuclear market size in each industry sector
Global Nuclear Fuel Inventories: Detailed analysis of China's nuclear fuel inventories
Nuclear Fuel Training Seminar: Includes discussions on China’s nuclear power and fuel cycle industries and impacts on the market. We will also have a guest presentation by Dr. Hui Zhang of Harvard University.